Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Two miracles. Short but sweet.



Family and friends,

So much stuff ended up happening today so this will be pretty short. I just want to share two miracles from the week.

Elder Stone and I decided to work super hard to show our faith that there are people prepared to receive the gospel. One day we had some plans to go to an area we felt we needed to go to. Along the way we kept feeling like there were some other places we needed to stop at, so we kept putting off the original place by the park we were walking to. We've been working hard at sticking to the plans we make but we felt really strongly about each place we went so we were talking and decided that the place we were going was the right place but God needed us to get there a little late than we planned. We were getting a little discouraged because all of our promptings were not coming up with anything. We finally got to the place and skipped the first door because the second one had a light on. The second, third and fourth doors all answered but none were interested. Then we turned around to head back and someone had come out of the first door and was sitting on his porch, this is Sam. We end up having a great conversation with Sam about the Book of Mormon and he committed to read and accepted a specific return appointment!

Last one. We went to go contact a less active lady and I knew her address and I had tried by her house multiple times already, so I knew where I was going. When we got to her street I began to doubt that it was the right street, so I checked the address and sure enough it was the wrong street! So we went to the street that I now knew it was but couldn't find the house. So we went to a young couple that was sitting in a car nearby to ask if they knew where the lady lived. They didn't, but then we started talking with them about the Book of Mormon. It turns out the guy is a less active member and his records aren't here and the girl has been wanting to know more about Mormons for a while! So they committed to be reading the Book of Mormon and praying until our return appointment this week! Then I checked the lady's address again and it was the original street that we had gone to before I doubted. I know I didn't misread it. God moves in mysterious ways to get us to be with the right people!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Tippetts

607 Avenue E
Powell, Wyoming 82435

No comments:

Post a Comment