Monday, August 3, 2015

Last Day at the MTC! July 20



Dear Family and Friends,

Today is my last day in the MTC and that is so crazy to me! I have seriously learned so much over the past 12 days and I almost don't want to leave but I know they need me in Montana more than I'm needed here! Like I said last week, prayer is so important. NEVER take it for granted. Prayer causes miracles and lets us feel God's love. Over the past week I've seen that even more and besides that, I've seen how powerful reading the Book of Mormon can be when you pray for help while reading and listen to the Spirit. Any and ALL questions can be answered when you read the Book of Mormon with the spirit. Another thing I've learned is how powerful the sacrament really is. It's so easy to take for granted because you do it every single week, but every single week it can cause and seal so many miraculous changes. Repentance isn't just stopping bad behavior, it's improving good behavior as well and also just changing and turning towards God in general. When you pray and ask God how you can change, he will tell you. When you take God's advice and change and then you take the sacrament feel so much better and full and whole. Then you're able to make other changes and keep on moving forward always praying, repenting and taking the sacrament! It's amazing and I'm so thankful that God has given us such a simple way to change :)

This week has also had some really hard things happen. Two Elder's in our district decided to go home. It had nothing to do with worthiness, and neither were sent home. They both felt that that was where they were needed more. It was hard on both of their companions and the district as a whole. They were both so amazing and were such a light and example to us all. I can't wait to see them later because I know that the Lord still has a work to do with them whether that's them coming back in a couple of weeks or if it's later in their lives. It didn't make me doubt my willingness to serve at all though, it made me more concrete in my decision actually. I can't wait to serve the Lord with all my heart might mind and strength because I know and Satan knows that God has two less powerful missionaries out there. It's time for missionaries and members to pick up the slack. Our God is marching on, don't get left behind

I'm don't have much left to say and I don't have any more time so I'll say hi to y'all again next week from Montana! Keep praying for missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment