Monday, February 22, 2016

Powell is the best!

Family and friends,

Powell is seriously the best! I love it here way too much. First
thing's first, my new address is 595 #2 Avenue B Powell, Wyoming
82435! My new companion is Elder Lankford. This is his 3rd transfer
and he is on fire! I love him and he is super bold and knows the
lessons well. We've been having lots of success so far at teaching
powerful lessons and finding new, solid investigators. It's been such
a testimony to me this past week about staying busy, we've barely had
any time to slow down and we've just kept going.
Something really cool from this last week: I spent all Wednesday
with Elder Hoschouer, my MTC companion! We made it to Billing Tuesday
night and I was talking with the Zone Leaders there. They said
something about Elder Hoschouer and I mentioned that he was my MTC
companion and I've seen him once since we parted ways. Right then and
there they rearranged the assignments for Elders staying in Billings
overnight and told me I'd be staying at Elder Hoschouer's apartment
because he's been serving in Billings! I walked in and he freaked out
and ran at me and picked me up and squeezed the life out of me. We
spent the whole night until bed time catching up and I'm sure the
other Elders there were a little annoyed, but hey, we haven't seen
each other in forever! The next morning the zone leaders told me that
I was going to be Elder Hoschouer's companion for the day! So we spent
all day together. Nothing was going on, we pretty much just ran
errands around town because it was transfer days. It gave us lots of
time to just talk and tell stories that have happened to us. Most of
the day was spent cleaning and packing up their apartment because they
were shutting down that area. After we finished getting everything
packed up we got a phone call telling us to put it back together
because some missionaries were going to use it for the next couple of
weeks before they officially shut it down. That was frustrating but it
just meant more time for us to talk!
We made it down to Powell Wednesday night and then got to work
the next day. We had some really awesome bold lessons with an
investigator named Vanessa and one named Paul, they'll definitely
accept baptism soon but they've been turning it down for a while. It
looks like they're picking up and progressing quick though. We also
had a part member family that we taught. The missionaries have tried
to get the kids baptized multiple times and it looks like this time
will go through. We've been meeting with some less active members that
haven't been interested in talking with us for a while now and they
look promising! Sunday night we went to the addiction recovery
program. We were the only ones there for a while but then people
showed up. It was really cool and really strengthened my testimony of
the atonement. We'll try to go each Sunday night and are trying to get
some of the investigators and less active members we're teaching to
come.
Last cool story. Yesterday we were tracting and there was this
one guy who wasn't interested at all, but he talked with us. Then he
told us about all of his neighbor's and what religions they are and
that they wouldn't be interested. We were knocking on one of his
neighbor's door and told them that one of their neighbor's said that
they'd be interested. Hopefully we'll be forgiven for lying because
she wanted to talk! We shared the restoration with her and it all made
sense to her. She said that baptism is definitely a possibility if she
finds out its true! We'll be heading back on Thursday to teach her and
give her an official baptismal date hopefully!

Love you all! Have a great week! I might send pictures tonight or I
might just send them next week.

Elder Tippetts

No comments:

Post a Comment